Face of the day | The chocolate bar makeup

Chocolate Bar Makeup Try On

Whenever the season, I am a sucker of brown/warm tones when it comes to eyeshadows. For some reason, I didn't get excited when the chocolate bar palette from Too Faced was released, perhaps because too many people (read bloggers and youtubers) were talking about it and it seemed top coated to me. That is often the issue in the world of social medias / blogs / Youtube: you often don't know whether their opinion is genuine or not. Anyway, I usually wait until the excitement is blown over to try the product out before making my opinion. And sometimes, well, I take my time !



As about this palette, I have to admit the choice of warm and neutral browns is great and the few pop colors are nice, even for someone like me who doesn't wear much colors on a daily basis. Overall, I really do like the chocolate bar although the quality varies from shade to shade: most of them are highly pigmented and long-lasting but few shades have a powdery texture.

Today I used the following shades on my eyes (your attention please, the names are tempting!):
▶ Milk chocolate on the crease
▶ Semi-sweet on the eyelid
▶ Hot chocolate on the outer eyelid and on the outer lower lash line
▶ White chocolate on the brow bone

I eventually blended the shades together and voilà, ready to run errands at Ikea ;-)

Chocolate Bar Makeup Try On Close Up

Comments

Unknown said…
I loved ur naturel make up! Great colors and wonderful skin teint mashallah ^^
Unknown said…
Thank you, I'm glad you like it! The Ultra HD foundation (of which I did a review on the blog few days ago) helps a lot on pictures ahah!